Job Title: Environmental Remediation Office Manager – Niceville, FL
Reports to: Director of Environmental Remediation
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. (www.bhate.com) is seeking to fill a position for an Environmental Remediation Office Manager – Niceville, FL. The Environmental Remediation Office Manager will report to the Director of Environmental Remediation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will be required to manage staff and subcontractors on environmental projects; to include fieldwork oversight and management, environmental document development and preparation, management of project budgets, proposal development, and business development.
- Communication with clients for leading proposal efforts.
- Specific attention will be required to ensure deliverables are completed on time and to high quality standards.
- Travel and field work may be required on various projects in the US and internationally, with travel up to 25% of the time with field mobilizations averaging two weeks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including technical writing and Microsoft office software.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to manage subcontractors and preparing cost estimates for projects requiring multiple disciplines and technologies.
- Working knowledge of environmental sampling, boring logging, O&M of remediation systems, groundwater monitoring wells placement and installation, and other environmental activities.
- Ability to manage staff as well as multiple projects or issues simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or applicable Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience with environmental characterization or remediation work; 5 or more managing staff, tasks, and projects.
- Team leadership and management skills with attention to; quality, time management, efficiency, and mentoring.
- Working knowledge of FDEP regulations, and an understanding of Advanced Site Characterization.
- Advanced technical writing skills.
- Capable of writing technical environmental documents.
- Proven experience managing projects; directing and overseeing work by others to meet quality and time standards.
- Experience working with the Federal Government, e.g., DoD, EPA, or USAC.
Candidates should have strong geologic or environmental background, with proven experience solving problems, time management of self and others, and positive and collaborative work performance. The Environmental Remediation Office Manager will have proven experience running quality environmental projects within budget and on time, experience mentoring and managing direct reports, and a working knowledge of Federal Government environmental project requirements.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Professional registration in area of discipline, e.g., PE, PG, PMP preferred.
- Capable of performing physical field work.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid US Passport and travel internationally.
- Must be capable of accessing Department of Defense properties based upon a background check.
- Must have or be able to obtain OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training, CPR and Adult First Aid.
- Ideally candidate is in the Florida area.
Job Type: Full Time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.