Job Type: Environmental Technician – Niceville, Florida
Reports to: Director of Environmental Remediation
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Bhate is seeking an experienced Environmental Technician to support environmental restoration projects in Niceville, Florida. Candidates will be responsible for supporting field site assessments, operations and maintenance of treatment systems, management of investigation derived waste, monitoring well development, sampling of groundwater, soil, sediment, and surface water. Candidate will be responsible for working with multiple clients and contractors in both the commercial and government sector. Travel may be required up to 25%. The successful candidate will be required to collect field samples, prepare data quality reports, and communicate with field personnel to achieve field mobilization goals.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Strong comprehension, and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good note-taking skills and attention to detail
- Able to research, analyze, interpret, and present data.
- Able to carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Effective verbal communication skills with clients, colleagues, vendors, and subcontractors
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or certificate in applied science or science-related technology
- Minimum of 3 years as a technician in environmental field support or related field.
Job Type: Full time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.