Job Title: Fuels Project Superintendent
Reports to: Fuels Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bhate is seeking experienced Fuels Project Superintendents to join our Fuels Team. The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for all technical and site execution aspects of the project as well as general on-site craft supervision, site project quality, site safety, subcontractor coordination and quality control. The Site Superintendent is also responsible for maintaining project expectations, all site quality and safety reporting and procedures; daily reports, task execution within the project scope, schedule and budget, and quality; and conformance to the project plans and specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to determine, coordinate and manage site resources, including self-performing craft and subcontractor personnel, to manage and maintain the project schedule, budget, safety, and overall quality.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee all day-to-day field activities and ensure the timely and efficient execution of field work. Complete and distribute daily reports.
- Effectively work and communicate with the Project Manager and site team to ensure all construction is in compliance with plans and specifications and maintain execution and control of progress, scope, budget, potential change conditions and overall project quality. Ability to comprehend construction contract documents and details.
- Control and document all material and equipment deliveries, acceptance and storage.
- Ensure strict adherence to Company timekeeping and recordkeeping policies.
- Manage the Scope-of-Work (SOW) by early identification of change conditions and be instrumental in adhering to the execution plan for the project.
- Work with health and safety and quality control personnel to ensure a safe working environment while also overseeing a strict quality control program.
- Inspect the quality of work for compliance with design standard and ensure corrective action occurs if/when necessary.
- Serve as the primary client contact for all project field activities.
- Execute daily reviews of the design details with craft and subcontractors to ensure work is in full compliance the execution plan.
- Establish credibility with the client, subcontractors, vendors, site personnel and other stakeholders by ensuring a fair and trustworthy work environment.
- Travel requirements are 50-100% annually.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must have a minimum of seven (7) years of construction related management experience including three (3) years of field experience with repairs to DoD POL facilities or equivalent.
- Familiarity with EM-385 and OSHA compliant programs. Site Health and Safety Officer Certification is a plus. First aid/CPR, 10-Hour and 30-Hour OSHA safety class, 40-Hour HAZWOPER, Confined Space training and Competent Person training preferred.
- USACE CQM certification preferred or ability to obtain.
- Detail orientated, solid computer skills and proficient with MS Office programs, including MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook. Ability to extract two or three week look-ahead schedules from CPM Project Schedules.
- Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of (nondestructive examination) NDE techniques.
- Familiarity with API-650, API-653, UFC-460, UFGS, DoD SW 78-24-27 guidelines, and NDE techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with USACE Three Phase Quality Control Process.
- Ability to obtain or possess a security clearance and ability to pass background checks for base access.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated proficiency in both oral and written communication.
To be successful in this role, you will need a solid, multi-discipline general construction background and associated skills and abilities, as well as at least 5 years of experience in a Superintendent capacity with a mid-sized General Contractor. Military base construction background and/or security clearances are a plus. This position will be the on-site point of contact for all sub-contractors, responsible for ensuring project safety, quality, scheduling, and budget.
Job Type: Full Time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.