Job Title: Project Engineer (Environmental Remediation)
Reports to: Director of Environmental Remediation
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bhate is seeking a Project Engineer with environmental restoration experience for the Denver CO office. Bhate’s Environmental Remediation group specializes in the investigation and cleanup of client sites impacted by historical releases of fuels, solvents, and other contaminants, including per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, or PFAS. The group executes environmental remediation projects for the Department of Defense, the US Army Corps of Engineers, the Environmental Protection Agency, other federal agencies, and commercial clients throughout the US. Other Bhate business lines that the Denver office supports include Environmental Compliance, Fueling System Upgrades, Facility Abatement/Demolition, and Construction.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties include design and optimization of environmental remediation systems, working with Project Managers on budget and schedule as it relates to remedial investigation and action implementation.
- Working knowledge of physical and in situ remedies, including oversight of system installations and/or in situ injections.
- Experience with CERCLA and RCRA processes, and preparation of related documents.
- Engineering support of investigations, mitigation, and treatment/removal of PFAS from environmental media.
- Evaluate current systems and design innovative ways to improve or replace the existing systems or processes.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in at least one state or the ability to obtain PE registration within one year of employment; current PE registration in multiple states preferred.
- Documented experience achieving site closures and other performance endpoints.
- Candidates must have practical knowledge of engineering methods and techniques, especially as related to environmental remediation.
- Strong comprehension of Conceptual Site Models, including soils/geology, geohydrology, groundwater dynamics, and contaminant fate and transport.
- Experience with in-situ remediation technologies and practices for soil and groundwater contaminated by petroleum hydrocarbons and chlorinated solvents; including physical, chemical, and biological methods, is required.
- Experience with investigation, mitigation, and/or treatment/removal of PFAS contamination is strongly preferred.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience with preparation and/or interpretation of engineering drawings, plans, and specifications
- Experience with CADD drawing preparation is a plus.
- Understanding of the mechanical equipment required for extraction and injection remediation technologies.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Must be versatile, a good problem solver, and can work well independently.
- Must be willing to go into the field to oversee remedy implementation.
- Some travel required (approximately 25%)
- Specific experience working on CERCLA and RCRA projects with the USEPA, Air Force, Army, Navy and AFCEE is extremely helpful.
- Computer literacy is a must and proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access) software a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Project Engineer professional will require a minimum of 5 years’ experience in environmental restoration field.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental or civil engineering
- Master’s degree in environmental or civile engineering is preferred.
Job Type: Full Time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.