Job Type: Project Scheduler
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under minimal general supervision, perform Project Scheduler job functions as assigned by Management. The Project Scheduler position is responsible for implementing consistent project controls policies and procedures to support the company’s financial and strategic business goals.
Typical job responsibilities are to assist and support Project and Program Management personnel in ensuring proper scheduling, cost control, cost tracking and cost accounting for various projects aligning with the approved project Work Breakdown Structure, scope of work, schedule, and budget. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support project and functional management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Develop fully resource and cost loaded project and program level schedules.
- Establish, maintain and report baseline and current schedule status in efforts to communicate clear, accurate and objective project and or program progress updates.
- Ensure all major milestones, critical path activities are defined in accordance with the project/program timeline commitments.
- Analyze and report anticipated and current schedule status for communication to proactively focus management’s attention of known or potential areas of concern(s) or risk.
- Work directly with the Program or Project Manager, Subcontractors and applicable Vendors for the alignment and forecasting of project financials based on actual cost and schedule performance as reflected in the project schedule.
- Review Subcontracts and Purchase Orders, and Change Requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in the implementation schedule and budget. Review Vendor Purchase Orders and Subcontracts and establish projected committed costs.
- Report monthly accruals, analyze and evaluate forecasts against established project cost baseline and report actuals to Management.
- Evaluate and report project earned value metrics to Management.
- Ability to articulate and understand project related risks and maintain risk register(s), for related projects.
- Assess the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages; report schedule status to all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Review plans and specifications to become familiar with project scope of work.
- Review Subcontractor and Vendor submittals and contracts.
- Assists in preparation and tracking of various design and construction submittals and RFIs
- Facilitates schedule development sessions with Project Team and Subcontractors and collects data for schedule logic, activities, activity durations, cost, and resource requirements.
- Develops draft project schedules and distributes and reviews with Project Team.
- Oversees periodic (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly – as needed) schedule updating process and provides technical support to Project Team as required.
- Ensures that corporate procedures are followed.
- Assists the Project Team(s) with periodic schedule revisions and routine maintenance.
- Prepares status reporting and participates in schedule review sessions with Management and Project Teams.
- Assess the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages and report schedule status to all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Recommends solutions or recovery plans to schedule/cost impacts or delays.
- Analyzes variances in cost and schedule performance against the Project Plan, and communicates the reasons for the issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans to Management.
- Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance/training for others involved in project controls activities.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project and can handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet given deadlines.
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions and take initiative when resolving problems. Willing and able to be a self-starter, aligning daily efforts with accomplishment of key company and individual project initiatives and objectives.
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering required; equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management. Minimum seven (7) years of scheduling and cost control experience and three to five (3-5) years of targeted planning & scheduling, project controls, cost management, cost loading processes, earned value analysis, time impact analysis, schedule risk analysis, and internal cost and schedule reporting experience using software programs such as, Primavera P6, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management. Demonstrated success working within cross-discipline teams, including the ability to lead integration of key scheduling & reporting requirements necessary to support essential company and project objectives, including risk and financial management.
- Minimum two (2) years field construction experience preferred.
- Experienced in development of construction schedules on DoD projects.
- General knowledge of construction methods and practices.
- DoD POL experience a plus!
- Extremely proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite products (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Project) and Primavera P6 and database applications.
- Monthly Project Status Cost Reporting and Earned Value Analysis experience preferred.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint preferred.
- Defense Security Service Secret or Top Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain the clearance.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Expected travel – 20% based upon assignments & company needs. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time. Ability to type on a keyboard. Ability to converse over a telephone.
- Willingness to relocate to Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Full time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.