Job Type: Environmental Field Engineer
Reports to: Director of Environmental Remediation
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bhate is seeking an Environmental Field Engineer to support environmental restoration projects in the Southeast US region and at client sites nationwide. Candidates will be responsible for supporting site assessments, operations and maintenance of treatment systems, in-situ remediation of soils and groundwater, management of investigation derived waste, sampling of groundwater, soil, sediment and surface water, hydrologic analysis, and contaminant fate-and-transport analysis. Candidate will be responsible for working with multiple clients and contractors in both the commercial and government sector. Travel may be required up to 25%. The successful candidate will be required to collect field samples, prepare data quality reports, and communicate with field personnel to achieve field mobilization goals. Position presents good growth opportunity for junior engineer seeking future role and certification as a Professional Engineer.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good problem-solving skills and able to work well independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
- GIS/GPS experience is a plus.
- PFAS investigation experience a plus
- Candidates having passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Education and Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of experience preferably in environmental restoration field
- Must have bachelor’s degree in environmental, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline; master’s degree is a plus.
- 40-hr HAZWOPER trained with updated 8-hr annual refreshers preferred.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
- Other certifications/licenses are a plus.
Job Type: Full time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.