Job Type: Environmental Field Geologist
Reports to: Director of Environmental Remediation
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bhate is seeking an Environmental Field Geologist to support environmental restoration projects in the Southeast US region and at client sites nationwide. Candidates will be responsible for supporting site assessments, operations and maintenance of treatment systems, management of investigation derived waste, sampling of groundwater, soil, sediment and surface water, hydrogeologic analysis, and contaminant fate-and-transport analysis. Candidate will be responsible for working with multiple clients and contractors in both the commercial and government sector. Travel may be required up to 25%. The successful candidate will be required to collect field samples, prepare data quality reports, and communicate with field personnel to achieve field mobilization goals. Position presents good growth opportunity for junior geologist seeking future role and certification as a Professional Geologist.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good problem-solving skills and able to work well independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
- GIS/GPS experience is a plus.
- PFAS investigation experience a plus
- Candidates having passed the Fundamentals of Geology (F) examination in an Association of State Board of Geology (ASBOG) member state strongly preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Education and Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of experience preferably in environmental restoration field
- Must have bachelor’s degree in Geology; master’s degree is a plus.
- 40-hr HAZWOPER trained with updated 8-hr annual refreshers preferred.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
- Other certifications/licenses are a plus.
Job Type: Full time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.