Bhate is seeking an Environmental Technician/Driller and the position will report to a Project Manager/Geologist. This position involves a diverse set of roles and responsibilities to support field work efforts on projects primarily throughout the southeastern United States. Field work includes soil and groundwater, and other environmental media sampling, environmental drilling and environmental site investigations, and remediation services operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collection of various environmental samples: soil, sediment, groundwater, stormwater, water and wastewater, and other environmental media.
- Environmental drilling, operating a truck-mounted Soil Geoprobe Direct-Push drill rig
- Operate and perform general maintenance on small and heavy equipment
- Maintain equipment in a clean, lubricated, and good working condition.
- Position requires overnight travel primarily in the Southeastern United States
- Occasional use of respirators, protective suits, and other personal protective equipment
- Reporting of field activities using field logs, field forms and field books
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- Operate equipment and perform work safely
- Maintain certifications, if required
- All other duties assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to research, analyze, interpret, and present data.
- Able to carry out multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Effective verbal communication skills and coordinate with clients, colleagues, vendors, and subcontractors
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate degree or certificate in science-related technology is preferred but not required
- Have a valid driver’s license with clean record; CDL preferred but not required
- HAZWOPER 40-Hr Certificate preferred (If not, training will be provided)
- Must be willing to travel
- 2-5 years of work experience in environmental related field or drilling
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must pass a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screening
Job Type: Full time, hourly position with overtime. Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.