Reports to: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bhate is seeking an experienced Environmental Scientist with at least 3 to 5 years of experience, preferably in the Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering field. Candidates should possess practical knowledge of Environmental Site Assessments, asbestos, lead-based paint, mold and air quality inspections, NEPA compliance, Storm water management, and related environmental compliance inspections. Candidate will be responsible for working with multiple clients and contractors in both the commercial and government sector. The successful candidate will be required to write proposals, schedule personnel, manage budgets, compile data, review reports, collect field samples, and communicate with clients to ensure successful and timely completion of all projects.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good problem solving skills and able to work well independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
- GIS/GPS experience is a plus
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Education and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferably in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering field
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or related field
- 40-hr HAZWOPER trained with updated 8-hr annual refreshers preferred.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
- Asbestos and lead certifications/licenses preferred
Job Type: Full time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.