Accounts Payable Clerk-Birmingham, AL
Bhate is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team!
Experience: 4-6 years of experience in a corporate environment.
General Responsibility: Compile, process and maintain accounts payable records.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Verify approval on all invoices and check requests.
- Code invoices to proper GL accounts.
- Ability to prepare and process checks.
- Update and maintain a vendor database.
- Ability to process and enter a large quantity of invoices per week.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Ability to process and follow-up on rush items.
- Maintain account payable files.
- 1099 preparation.
- Special projects as assigned.
Skills and Attributes:
- A degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Ability prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel is required.
- CostPoint experience is desired.
- SharePoint experience is desired.
This position is full-time with benefits.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.