Regulatory Stormwater Specialist – Birmingham, AL
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. is seeking a Regulatory Stormwater Specialist in the Birmingham, Alabama office to manage stormwater compliance for contracts providing environmental services to the Department of Defense (primarily the Air Force).
- Completing stormwater and wastewater permit applications
- Updating Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans and Stormwater Management Plans
- Performing annual Comprehensive Stormwater Compliance Evaluations
- Reviewing stormwater analytical and visual reports
- Reviewing and/or preparing stormwater reports
- Reviewing or preparing wastewater DMRs
- Ensuring stormwater and wastewater samples are collected IAW permit and contract requirements
- Training staff to collect stormwater and wastewater samples
- BS Degree in Environmental Science, Civil or Environmental Engineering or similar engineering degree
- Experience: + 10 years in industrial and/or MS4 stormwater permitting and compliance; minimum + 5 years’ experience with DOD installations desired.
- Environmental Professional Certification, preferred but not required (e.g., PE, CHMM, CEA, QEP, CEM)
- Relevant Air Force experience is a plus
Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check for DoD Security Clearance.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.