Program Manager, Environmental Compliance – Birmingham, Alabama
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. (www.bhate.com) is seeking an Environmental Compliance Program Manager to manage contracts providing environmental services to the Department of Defense (primarily the Air Force). The Program Manager will execute and manage projects involving NPDES compliance, air emissions permit compliance and permitting, hazardous waste (RCRA), hazardous materials (EPCRA), and other environmental regulatory compliance services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager will:
- Manage compliance schedules, prepare reports and other documents.
- Provide quality control reviews.
- Provide training on environmental requirements to on-site staff.
- Manage schedules, safety, and quality objectives.
- Manage costs, including preparing and submitting documentation for materials/equipment/supplies approvals; preparing invoices; and forecasting project costs.
- Perform business development, outreach and customer relations; support existing projects and clients.
- Prepare proposals (writing and pricing).
- Perform strategic regulatory analysis and develop acquisition strategies.
- Effectively lead project teams by coordinating and communicating with project team members.
- Promote and demonstrate a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Interface with regulators, as requested/needed, to support environmental compliance tasks.
- BS Degree + 12 years’ experience
- MS Degree + 10 years’ experience
- Environmental Professional Certification, preferred but not required (e.g., PE, CHMM, CEA, QEP, CEM)
- Relevant Air Force experience a plus
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.