Demolition Project Manager – Birmingham, AL
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bhate is seeking to fill a position for a Demolition Project Manager. The Project Manager will report to the Demolition Program Manager. The position will require project management responsibilities including project financial management, schedule management, quality control, etc. for mostly Government related projects. The position also requires best business management practices and must demonstrate leadership, organizational and time management skills. Although the position is located in Birmingham, Alabama, or Franklin, Tennessee, travel to various projects nationwide will be required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality Control management including submittal management and coordinating with the Quality Control Manager confirming proper installation of required materials.
- Development of pricing for demolition projects.
- Coordination with the Superintendent to facilitate the overall project requirements and schedule.
- Schedule management as well as development and project scheduling updates.
- Coordination and communication with senior level representatives including the client (Government).
- Understand scope reviews, contract terms with subcontractors and vendors, preparation of subcontracts, purchase orders, and procurement of all executed agreements.
- Manage Job Hazard Analysis from Subcontractors, and other required contract documents, which includes an understanding of proper insurance.
- Manage the financial and contractual aspects of the projects assigned to ensure all commitments are made to the client, and financial expectations of the project are achieved.
- Manage all changes including distribution of documents, estimating to ensure accurate sub and vendor pricing, and presentation of pricing to the client.
- Actively and regularly plan and look for possible conflicts or problems on a job, and take measures to avoid them. When problems do arise, work with the project team to produce solutions to resolve the problem, and execute the solution.
- Lead regularly scheduled project meetings with the client and project team to report progress of the project. Communicate key issues of the project, and hold the team accountable for any information required by the client.
- Estimating responsibilities may require bid solicitation, proposal writing, trade scoping, quantity takeoff, etc.
- Effective communication with the client, project team members, teaming partners, subcontractors, etc. will be required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Building Science, or similar field preferred.
- Minimum of six to eight (6-8) years construction management, general contracting, or similar experience required.
- Construction experience in Government contracts is recommended.
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.