Reports to: Environmental Technical Report QC Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Bhate is seeking to fill a position for an Environmental Technical Report Reviewer reporting directly to the Environmental Technical Report QC Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review written technical documents for clarity, grammar, spelling, punctuation, content, consistency, tone, tense, and style.
- Ensure document accuracy and completeness.
- Compare laboratory analytical results to tables, figures, and text.
- Clearly communicate comments, suggestions, and concerns to author and Project Manager as needed.
- Collaborate with technical personnel, Project Managers, and clients as needed to ensure document quality and customer preferences are met.
- Ensure that all written content meets our company’s standards.
- Ensure delivery of reports and documents in a timely and error free.
- Ensure all quality control comments are appropriately addressed and review pdf deliverables prior to submittal to the customer.
- Create templates for technical writers that are easy to apply and adapt.
- Conduct quality assurance on printed documents as needed.
- Communicate compliance concerns with Manager if there are any errors.
- Exceptional technical editing and proofreading skills.
- Proven experience as a technical editor while working with a variety of style guides.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and page composition skills.
- Ability to solve problems, take initiative, and plan tasks.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and manage several tasks simultaneously,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent computer and word processing skills.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and handle pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of technical concepts.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, applied science, mathematics, engineering, or another related field
- At least 5 years of experience in QC Technical Editing
Job Type: Full time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.