Bhate is seeking an experienced Laborer to support a current and/or future general earthwork and environmental demolition at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Blue Springs, MO. The Laborer must be able to demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Read and interpret site-specific safety plans.
• Read and interpret equipment operator’s manuals.
• Read and interpret load charts for corresponding rigging equipment.
• Operate heavy equipment or drive trucks.
• Work in areas of uneven terrain.
• Assist in the training of new or less-skilled Equipment Operators.
• Read and comprehend site-specific rules, and maintenance instructions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
• Ability to interpret load charts and estimate weight.
• Must be physically able to perform job tasks.
• Be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and subsequently perform your duties.
• Ability to climb and stoop while wearing PPE.
• Ability to tolerate the dust and noise which result from the demolition of contaminated buildings or structures, or remediation of contaminated soil.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate any Bhate vehicle.
• Must be able to pass a drug screening, background check and fit for duty physical.
• Reliable transportation to and from work.
• Must have experience operating heavy equipment including excavators, loaders, and graders, preferably 3-4 years.
Job Type: Full Time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.