Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support on environmental investigation and remediation projects.
- Perform data validation for organic and inorganic analytical methods for multiple disciplines and oversee 3rd party data validation approval through Synectics.
- Validate analytical chemical data in accordance with DoD, USEPA National, USEPA Regional, and State guidelines.
- Prepare Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs), Data Validation Reports (DVRs) and Quality Control Summary Reports (QCSRs).
- Monitor subcontractor performance against work plans and resolve most variances from laboratories.
- Solicit analytical laboratory services and evaluate for project use.
- Act as liaison between laboratory, field team, and project management during project implementation
- Comfortable working independently on individual tasks.
- Detail oriented while still able to understand/comply with the big picture/goals of a project.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work without supervision and take direction without follow-up.
- Can screen laboratories for compliance with state, federal and client certifications/qualifications.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable principles, terms, procedures, and practices of inorganic and organic chemistry.
- Understands appropriate protocols for the collection of samples and other field data.
- Set-up projects in Synectics
- Work closely with laboratories to set up projects from inceptions to final report production.
Education and Experience:
- A degree in biochemistry or organic chemistry from any accredited university is required.
- 4-7 years of experience in environmental chemistry work is required.
Job Type: Full time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.