Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Environmental Project Manager will be responsible for investigation, characterization, and remediation work at contaminated sites, to include CERCLA, RCRA, or other properties.
- The candidate will report directly to the program manager and be required to manage staff and subcontractors on environmental projects; to include fieldwork oversight and management, environmental document development and preparation, management of project budgets, and proposal development.
- Specific attention will be required of the project manager to ensure deliverables are completed on time and to high quality standards.
- Lead Department of Defense (DOD) proposals on task orders.
- Travel and field work may be required on various projects in the US and internationally, with travel up to 25% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including technical writing and Microsoft office software.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of environmental sampling, O&M of remediation systems, groundwater monitoring wells placement and installation, and other environmental activities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or issues simultaneously.
- Will be familiar with estimating, budget and scheduling (preferable to have MS Project or similar experience).
- Demonstrated experience working with clients and managing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or applicable Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience with environmental characterization or remediation work; 5 or more managing tasks or projects.
- Team leadership and management skills with attention to; quality, time management, efficiency, and mentoring.
- Advanced technical writing skills.
- Capable of writing technical environmental documents.
- Proven experience managing projects; directing and overseeing work by others to meet quality and time standards.
- Experience working with the Federal Government, e.g., DoD, EPA, or USACE
Candidates should have strong geologic or environmental background, with proven experience solving problems, working alone or with a team, time management of self and others, and positive and collaborative work performance. The candidate will be required to travel, primarily for client meetings and site visits for proposals and projects. The Project Manager will have proven experience running quality environmental projects within budget and on time, experience mentoring and managing direct reports, and a working knowledge of Federal Government environmental project requirements.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Professional registration in area of discipline, e.g., PE, PG, PMP.
- Capable of performing physical field work.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid US Passport and travel internationally.
- Must be capable of accessing Department of Defense properties based upon a background check.
- Must have or be able to obtain OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training, CPR and Adult First Aid.
- Environmental characterization or remediation work: 10 years (Required)
- Managing tasks or projects: 5 years (Required)
Job Type: Full Time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.