Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. (Bhate) is currently seeking a qualified individual to fulfill the Hazardous Waste/Hazardous Materials (HW/HM) Lead Technician position at Goodfellow Air Force Base (AFB) located in San Angelo, Texas. The work specific to Goodfellow AFB is being performed through Bhate’s larger Fence to Fence (F2F) Environmental contract with the Air Force, which covers a wide range of environmental services. The HW/HM Lead Technician’s duties will primarily be performed on Goodfellow AFB, and will include, but not limited to, the following:
Overview of Hazardous Waste Program Duties:
- Perform curb-side pickup of waste containers (waste can also include non- hazardous and universal waste) in drums and/or cardboard boxes of various sizes from on-base shops, facilities, and initial accumulation points (IAPs). Transport waste containers to the HW storage facility, and repackage/label, as necessary, to ensure compliant storage.
- Prepare and schedule HW containers stored in the HW storage facility for shipment to off-site disposal facilities.
- Perform comprehensive site compliance inspections of shop customers, IAP inspections, as well as courtesy inspections, and report findings.
- Perform routine inspections of the HW storage facility.
- Prepare training aids/materials and provide environmental training and assistance to shop/facility customers through personal interaction in a classroom setting, one- on-one training or over the phone instruction.
- Order supplies in support of the HW Program.
- Collect periodic samples of waste media for disposal characterization and arrange for off-site laboratory analyses.
Overview of Hazardous Materials Program Duties:
- Coordinate HM program support activities.
- Assist shops/facilities with submitting Process Authorizations for chemical acquisition and use.
- Use the Air Force Enterprise Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health Management Information System (EESOH-MIS) to mine and manage data and monitor organizational use to ensure hazardous materials are properly tracked and users are authorized.
- Review Process Authorizations submitted in EESOH-MIS.
- Make recommendations for authorization and tracking of hazardous materials, as necessary.
- Prepare training aids/materials and provide training in support of the Installation Hazardous Materials Program (IHMP), through classes and personal interactions on the use of EESOH-MIS.
- Assist in tracking users and ensuring all System Authorization Access Request (SAAR) forms are up-to-date, accurate, and approved.
- Perform annual SAAR validation and report results.
- Perform HM compliance inspections of shops/facilities.
- Perform customer compliance assessments and report findings
- Use EESOH-MIS to compile and provide the data necessary for EPCRA reporting.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- High School Diploma, Associates or 4-Year Degree and/or relevant experience and the ability to obtain relevant certification for work to be performed.
- Preferred HAZWOPER 40-Hr Certificate & 8-Hr Annual Refreshers (if required); DOT HazMat Employee; RCRA Hazardous Waste Training; Initial RCRA Waste Generator/Handler and annual refresher. Successful candidate can receive training to fulfill requirements upon hiring.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check and obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Common Access Card (CAC) within a reasonable time frame from date of hire to perform the functions required for this position.
- The successful candidate must possess a U.S. state-issued driver’s license and be capable of obtaining a commercial driver’s license with “H” endorsement, should the requirement become necessary.
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. is an environmental solutions company using state-of-the-art technologies to solve problems. Our family of employees focuses on a collective commitment to each of our clients. We believe in collaboration, robust training, outstanding compensation, benefits to staff and, always, quality work. Our favorite phrase is: “On-time, on budget, and above-and-beyond.” We do business “The Bhate Way”—your way, with no surprises, just professional expertise.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.