Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. is seeking to fill a position for an On-Site Construction Superintendent, who can also fulfill the duties required of a Quality Control Manager / Site Safety Health Officer (QCM/SSHO), on primarily Government related projects.
The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for all technical and site execution aspects of the project as well as general on-site craft supervision, site project quality, site safety, subcontractor coordination and quality control. The Site Superintendent is also responsible for maintaining project expectations, all site quality and safety reporting and procedures; daily reports, task execution within the project scope, schedule and budget, and quality; and conformance to the project plans and specifications. The position also requires best business management practices and must demonstrate leadership, organizational and time management skills. Although the position is located in Birmingham, Alabama, frequent travel to various projects, including international travel at times will be required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to determine, coordinate and manage site resources, including self-performing craft and subcontractor personnel, to manage and maintain the project schedule, budget, safety and overall quality.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee all day-to-day field activities and ensure the timely and efficient execution of field work. Complete and distribute daily reports.
- Effectively work and communicate with the Project Manager and site team to ensure all construction is in compliance with plans and specifications and maintain execution and control of progress, scope, budget, potential change conditions and overall project quality. Ability to comprehend construction contract documents and details.
- Control and document all material and equipment deliveries, acceptance and storage.
- Ensure strict adherence to Company timekeeping and recordkeeping policies.
- Manage the Scope-of-Work (SOW) by early identification of change conditions and be instrumental in adhering to the execution plan for the project..
- Inspect the quality of work for compliance with design standard and ensure corrective action occurs if/when necessary.
- Serve as the primary client contact for all project field activities.
- Execute daily reviews of the design details with craft and subcontractors to ensure work is in full compliance the execution plan.
- Establish credibility with the client, subcontractors, vendors, site personnel and other stakeholders by ensuring a fair and trustworthy work environment.
- Implement, document, and execute the Quality Control system for construction projects, working in conjunction with the Director of Construction.
- Coordinate with Project Management team to facilitate the overall project requirements and schedule.
- Candidate must maintain a safe work environment per the EM-385
- Prepare and submit daily Quality Control reports
- Accurately compile employee and subcontractor time and production, and produce Daily Reports for review
- Oversee the documentation and physical inspection of the work flow process to ensure quality is maintained
- Manage the documentation and physical inspection of the work flow process to ensure quality is maintained
- Verify and document all materials received for the project to assure they are in conformance with the approved submittal
- Support the Construction Project Manager in dealing with the Client for all quality-related matters
- Draft and implement the QCP and HSP for the construction site
- Supervise the correct calibration and use of all equipment and heavy machinery
- Be responsible for enforcing the safety and occupational health program on assigned projects
- Perform safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, and safety enforcement
- Construction Quality Management for Contractors Certification
- Minimum of ten (10) years on-site superintendent experience required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years quality control and safety assurance experience required
- Construction experience in Government contracts is preferred
- OSHA 30 certified
- 24 Hour Fall Protection Certification
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.