Bhate Environmental Associates is seeking to fill a position for an Estimator. The position will primarily require estimating responsibilities, but with partial project management in construction as an Assistant Project Manager. The position requires business management practices and must demonstrate leadership, organizational and time management skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initial estimating responsibilities will include assisting the Chief Estimator with fulfilling proposals and estimates on Government projects.
- Estimating responsibilities include but are not limited to; bid solicitation, proposal writing, trade scoping and quantity takeoff
- Construction management responsibilities may require assisting project managers and quality control personnel with management of construction projects. This may include submittal management, quality control, project financial management, schedule management, preparation, submitting and obtaining approval for contract change requests, assisting in project meetings, etc.
- Effective communication with all project team members, teaming partners, subcontractors, the client, etc. will be required.
- Knowledge in estimating software such as Timberline and ISQFT is recommended, but not necessarily required for consideration.
- Knowledge of project management software such as Prolog is not necessarily required, but recommended.
- The position will be based in Birmingham, Al but domestic and international travel will be required as needed.
- Knowledge of scheduling software such as Primavera / Microsoft Project is a plus
- Education requirement include a 4 year degree, preferably in Construction Management, Building Science, or similar from an accredited institution.
- Required Experience: Required experience include a minimum of 3-5 years in construction management, general contracting, or similar.
- Although not required, construction experience in Government contracts is recommended. International construction experience is a plus.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.