Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. is seeking to fill a position for a Construction Project Manager. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Construction. The position will require project management responsibilities including project financial management, schedule management, quality control, etc. for mostly Government related projects. Estimating functions will also be required in order to supplement the estimating staff during peak times as well as providing continuity between cost estimating and proposals. The position also requires best business management practices and must demonstrate leadership, organizational and time management skills. Although the position is located in Birmingham, Alabama, frequent travel to various projects, and prospective projects, including at times, international travel, will be required to support some of our Government and other, both domestic and international, clients.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Quality Control management including submittal management and coordinating with the Quality Control Manager confirming proper installation of required materials.
- Coordination with the Superintendent to facilitate the overall project requirements and schedule.
- Understanding in schedule management, preferably utilizing Primavera P6 Scheduling software, as well as schedule development and project scheduling updates.
- Coordination and communication with all level of representatives including the client (Government).
- Project startup including management of the buy-out process to include and understand scope reviews, contract terms with subcontractors and vendors, preparation of subcontracts, purchase orders, and procurement of all executed agreements.
- Understanding of project risk management and establishment of action items to minimize risks on these projects.
- Manage the financial and contractual aspects of the projects assigned to ensure all commitments are made to the client, and financial expectations of the project are achieved.
- Manage all changes including distribution of documents, estimating to ensure accurate sub and vendor pricing, and presentation of pricing proposals to the client.
- Actively and regularly plan and look for possible conflicts or problems on a construction project, and take measures to avoid them. When problems do arise, work with the project team to produce solutions to resolve the problem, and execute the solution.
- Ability to be adaptive to a variety of construction project types, including but not limited to demolition, new construction projects, renovations to existing facilities, civil projects and fuels related projects.
- Lead regularly scheduled project meetings with the client and design team to report progress of the project. Communicate key issues of the project team, and hold the team accountable for any information required by the client.
- Estimating responsibilities, when needed, may require bid solicitation, proposal writing, trade scoping, quantity takeoff, etc.
- Effective communication with the client, project team members, teaming partners, subcontractors, etc. will be required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Building Science, Civil Engineering or similar field preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years construction management, general contracting, or similar experience required.
- Construction experience in Government contracts is recommended.
- OSHA 30 hour certification is recommended.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM) certification is recommended.
Job Type: Full Time
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.