Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. is seeking to fill a position for a Construction Assistant Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager will report to the Director of Construction and will be required to support the responsibilities of the project manager. The position will require project management responsibilities including project financial management, schedule management, quality control, etc. for mostly Government related projects. Estimating functions will also be required in order to supplement the estimating staff during peak times as well as providing continuity between cost estimating and proposals. The position also requires best business management practices and the ability to provide leadership, organizational skills, time management skills and the ability to multi-task a variety of duties. Although the position is located in Birmingham, Alabama, frequent travel to various projects, and prospective projects, including at times, international travel, will be required to support some of our Government and other, both domestic and international, clients.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Quality Control management including submittal management and coordinating with the Quality Control Manager and Project Manager.
- Coordination with the Project Manager, and key project field personnel, to facilitate the overall project requirements and schedule.
- Understanding in schedule management, preferably utilizing Primavera P6 Scheduling software, as well as schedule development and project scheduling updates.
- Assisting the Project Manager in Coordination and communication with all level of representatives including the client (Government).
- Assisting the Project Manager in project startup including management of the buy-out process to include and understand scope reviews, contract terms with subcontractors and vendors, preparation of subcontracts, purchase orders, and procurement of all executed agreements.
- Assisting the Project Manager in management of the financial and contractual aspects of the projects assigned to ensure all commitments are made to the client, and financial expectations of the project are achieved.
- Assisting the Project Manager in management of all changes including distribution of documents, estimating to ensure accurate sub and vendor pricing, and presentation of pricing proposals to the client.
- Ability to be adaptive to a variety of construction project types, including but not limited to demolition, new construction projects, renovations to existing facilities, civil projects and fuels related projects.
- Assist the project manager in leading regularly scheduled project meetings with the client and design team to report progress of the project. Communicate key issues of the project team, and hold the team accountable for any information required by the client.
- Estimating responsibilities, when needed, may require assisting the chief estimator with bid solicitation, trade scoping, quantity takeoff, etc.
- Effective communication with the client, project team members, teaming partners, subcontractors, etc. will be required.
- Opportunity to advancement to Project Manager based on the adaptability and evidence that supports the individual can solely achieve these responsibilities with minimum guidance from the Project Manager or Director of Construction.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Building Science, Civil Engineering or similar field preferred.
- Minimum of ten (5) years construction management, general contracting, or similar experience is preferred.
- Construction experience in Government contracts is preferred.
- OSHA 30 hour certification is preferred.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM) certification is preferred.
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.