Staff Geologist-Bhate Environmental Associates – Birmingham, AL
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. is seeking a Staff Geologist to support a variety of environmental tasks as required by our ongoing environmental remediation work at Tyndall and Eglin Air Force Bases. This individual will be responsible for field sampling, site investigations, remediation oversight, and report writing.
- Perform field related field activities including logging soils, air monitoring during investigation and remediation activities, installation of groundwater monitoring wells, collection of soil and groundwater samples for laboratory analysis, and collection of soil for physical testing. Recent experience with sampling for PFAS is desired.
- Evaluate and compile soil, groundwater, and air analytical data, and develop soil and groundwater sampling plans.
- Compile and present proposals as well as written reports for environmental based findings.
- Manage schedules and subcontractors for field investigation activities as well as assisting with site remediation planning and implementation.
- Oversee laboratory analysis as appropriate to the proper identification and evaluation of field samples such as, water, soil, and bedrock.
- Perform or oversee on-site field monitoring to document compliance with various federal, state, and local permit requirements during project construction.
- Travel and field work may be required on various projects in the US and internationally, with travel up to 25% of the time with field mobilizations averaging two weeks.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years with environmental characterization or remediation work;
- Team leadership and management skills with attention to; quality, time management, efficiency, and mentoring.
- Advanced technical writing skills.
- Ability to log soil using the Unified Soil Classification System.
- A general understanding of hydrogeology.
- Familiarity with groundwater and soil sampling techniques.
- Experience working with the Federal Government; e.g., DoD, EPA, or USACE
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including technical writing and Microsoft office software.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of environmental sampling, boring logging, O&M of remediation systems, groundwater monitoring wells placement and installation, and other environmental activities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or issues simultaneously.
Candidates should have geologic or environmental background, with proven experience solving problems, working alone or with a team, time management of self and others, and positive and collaborative work performance. The candidate will be required to travel with field mobilizations averaging two to three weeks and be physically capable of performing environmental sampling or other activities. The Staff Geologist will have proven site assessment experience working knowledge of Federal Government environmental project requirements.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Capable of performing physical field work.
- Must be capable of accessing Department of Defense properties based upon a background check.
- Must have or be able to obtain OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training, CPR and Adult First Aid.
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. is an environmental solutions company using state-of-the-art technologies to solve problems. Our family of employees focuses on a collective commitment to each of our clients. We believe in collaboration, robust training, outstanding compensation, benefits to staff and, always, quality work. Our favorite phrase is: “On-time, on budget, and above-and-beyond.” We do business “The Bhate Way”—your way, with no surprises, just professional expertise.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.