PCA Inspector – Birmingham, AL
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. (www.bhate.com) is seeking to fill a position for a Property Condition Assessment Inspector, with a primary focus on examining major building systems and infrastructure to determine courses of corrective action and recommendations for repair. The role serves clients of Bhate’s Federal and Commercial divisions, both CONUS and OCONUS. The ideal candidate will be a confident assessor, versed in ASTM International and ADA Standards. Working knowledge of ASTM European Equivalent Standards is recommended, but not required.
This position requires visual examination of buildings to provide recommendations to the owner via digital reports and photo libraries. This includes assessment of all major building envelopes, systems and other infrastructure, providing remedial action and repair plans to aid in protecting the client’s investment. Projects range from minor property condition assessments to detailed evaluations of structure, roofs, paving, floor systems, internal communication and fire protection systems and regulatory compliance. Client deliverables range from reports of findings and recommendations, to potential development of bid requests and management services.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Construction, and be based at the corporate office in Birmingham, Alabama. However, Bhate embraces the need for flexibility as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform multiple inspections per day using touchscreen web based devices to document findings
- Detailed pre-inspection planning and coordination, especially for our clients abroad
- Technical writing of reports; accurately describing and capturing on-site conditions and translating those observances to written form
- Working knowledge and adherence to all OSHA safety policies and standards
- Maintain thorough Quality Control documentation, reporting to Project Manager to verify concerns, determine action and discuss issues on-site, using a variety of online platforms
- Ability to identify building defects, potential hazards and long term maintenance requirements at large sites often including multiple structures and paved areas/natural grounds
- Interview property owners and management personnel to obtain information concerning the property’s condition
- Deliver outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to client’s requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Experience in technical writing/reporting
- Ability to access and traverse roof and crawl spaces, use ladders and work in variable weather conditions
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Approximately 40-50% international travel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Time keeping skills and pride in punctuality
- Valid U.S Passport, Valid Driver’s License
- Experience in Quire or iAuditor preferred
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.