Demolition Heavy Equipment Operator – Johnson Space Center-Houston, TX
Bhate is seeking an experienced Equipment Operator to support a current and/or future general earthwork and environmental demolition project in Houston, TX. The Equipment Operator must be able to demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment.
All applicants should submit a current resume outlining your relevant experience to be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret site-specific safety plans.
- Read and interpret equipment operator’s manuals.
- Read and interpret load charts for corresponding rigging equipment.
- Operate heavy equipment or drive trucks.
- Work in areas of uneven terrain.
- Assist in the training of new or less-skilled Equipment Operators.
- Read and comprehend: site-specific rules, and maintenance instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Ability to interpret load charts and estimate weight.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license if assigned to operate any Bhate vehicle.
- Must be physically able to perform job tasks.
- Be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and subsequently perform your duties.
- Ability to climb and stoop while wearing PPE.
- Ability to tolerate the dust and noise which result from the demolition of contaminated buildings or structures, or remediation of contaminated soil.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening, background check and fit for duty physical.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must have experience operating heavy equipment including excavators, loaders, and graders, preferably 3-4 years.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.