Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. (www.bhate.com) is seeking to fill a position for a Human Resources Compliance Specialist, with a primary focus on compliance and audit requirements for a federal contracting firm serving the U.S Department of Defense. The ideal candidate should also be able to perform HR Generalist duties as required.
Areas of responsibility include, database management specifically requiring strength in Microsoft Excel, preparation and execution of audits and floor checks, year-end reporting, compliance testing, compensation research. In addition, this role supports the HR team with recruiting, employee relations, compensation and benefits inquiries, benefits administration, and implementing programs that focus on maintaining a positive work environment, where team members are passionate about developing and retaining talent.
The successful candidate will report to the Human Resources Director, and be based at the corporate office in Birmingham, Alabama. However, Bhate embraces the need for flexibility as the pandemic continues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Confidently and confidentially serving as a human resources point of contact for all personnel, to address their professional and personal needs empathetically and effectively
- Manage processes and document compilation for audits and floor checks for the following authorities:
- DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency)
- OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs)
- VEVRAA (Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act)
- DOL (Dept. of Labor)
- EEOC/EEOL (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission/Law)
- Prepare year end reports for financial audit
- Work in conjunction with the HR Director to perform compliance testing for 401K IRS regulations, and prepare documentation for Form 5500 annual report
- Collaborate on ensuring compliance with annual reporting to include Affirmative Action Plan, VETS-4212, EEO-1, and other required federal, state and local reports
- Execute and/or approve documentation and administrative requests to ensure HR-related information is current and accurate in Deltek/CostPoint, ADP and other applicable systems.
- Manage job postings, compliant candidate correspondence and related record keeping during new employee onboarding processes
- Support the HR Director with payroll and benefit related reports and documents for annual financial/overhead audit
- Maintain federal/state/county required tax forms for each state where employees reside/work
- Follow and ensure compliance for the Affordable Care Act along with the company’s current insurance benefits
- Ensure compliance for the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) for continued health insurance coverage after employment ends
- Support HR Director with administering Workman’s Comp program and maintenance of rates and records
- Coordinate with IT/software provider to resolve issues between CostPoint/T&E through the CostPoint software interface
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
- Support management of FMLA, plus other employment leave and short-term/ long-term disability claims.
- Coordinate payments with the employee, provider and medical facilities
- Implement employment changes, direct deposits, benefit deductions, 401k selections and coordinate with the Payroll Administrator
- Represent the company in a positive and informative manner with visitors, staff and fellow business colleagues
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 3-5 years of directly related HR experience, OR – 7+ years of directly related work experience
- Proficient and experienced Microsoft Office user, particularly skilled in Excel and database software
- Detailed and proactive troubleshooter, focused on finding solutions
- Dedicated with a professional and responsive work ethic
- Highly confidential
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint and ADP
- Prevailing wages/Davis-Bacon experience preferred
- Understanding of federal contracting and related labor laws is highly recommended
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sex, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.