Construction Project Estimator – Birmingham, AL
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. is seeking to fill a position for a Project Estimator. The Project Estimator will report to the Director of Construction. The position will primarily require management of estimating responsibilities, but with partial project management in support of the Construction Department. The position requires business management practices and must demonstrate leadership, organizational and time management skills. Other requirements and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership as the primary member of Bhate’s Federal Construction Estimation Team. Overseeing all elements of the estimation process including personnel management, creating budgets and estimates, and communicating directly with the construction team and principal staff on a daily basis to furnish competitive bids to our clients which include; USACE, AFCEC, NAVFAC and Department of State.
- Construction management responsibilities may require supporting project managers and quality control personnel with management of construction projects. This may include submittal management, quality control, project financial management, schedule management, preparation, submitting and obtaining approvals for contract change requests, assisting in project meetings, etc.
- Review all task order plans, specifications and drawings to assess and organize scope and submit final pricing.
- Identify magnitude and risk of projects during proposal and post award.
- Communicate with DOR as required from bid to substantial completion.
- Work with Construction team to solicit subcontractors/vendors and prepare bids for submission along with maintaining accurate PO’s and subcontracts post award.
- Coordinate with Bhate’s marketing team to prepare technical proposals.
- Knowledge in estimating software such as Timberline and ISQFT Takeoff is required, in addition to working knowledge of RS Means cost estimation.
- This position will be based in Birmingham, AL, and domestic and international travel will be required on occasion for site visits and client meetings.
- Knowledge of scheduling software such as Primavera / Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Building Science, or similar field preferred.
- Minimum of five to ten (5 – 10) years of experience in construction estimating, with knowledge of Federal/Government contracts. International construction experience is a plus.
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.