Lead Hazardous Waste / Hazardous Materials Technician – Goodfellow AFB, Texas
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. (www.bhate.com) is seeking a Lead Hazardous Waste / Hazardous Materials (HW/HM) Technician to support the hazardous waste program manage and the Air Force Enterprise Environmental, Safety, and Occupational Health Management Information System (EESOH-MIS) for Goodfellow AFB, TX. The Lead HW/HM Technician’s duties will primarily be at Goodfellow AFB.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lead HW/HM Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Hazardous Waste Program duties:
- Perform curb-side pickup of HW and accept HW at the HW storage facility, as needed.
- Perform comprehensive site compliance evaluations of HW customers and report on findings.
- Perform routine inspections of the HW storage facility.
- Support the HW Technician, as needed, in performing compliance assistance visits, data management, and customer education and assistance.
- Educate HW customers through personal interactions.
- Order HW supplies.
- Collect samples of HW, prepare submittal documentation, arrange for laboratory analyses, and submit samples for laboratory analyses.
Hazardous Materials Program duties:
- Coordinate HM program support activities.
- Assist shops with submitting Process Authorizations.
- Review Process Authorizations submitted in EESOH-MIS.
- Make recommendations for authorization and tracking of hazardous materials, as necessary.
- Track Hazardous Materials entering the Base in EESOH-MIS.
- Monitor organization use of EESOH-MIS to ensure hazardous materials are properly tracked and users are authorized.
- Prepare training materials, and provide training in support of the IHMP program, through classes and personal interactions on the proper use of EESOH-MIS.
- Assist in tracking users and ensuring all System Authorization Access Request (SAAR) forms are up-to-date, accurate, and properly approved.
- Perform an annual SAAR validation and report results.
- Perform HM compliance inspections of shops.
- Provide a monthly report of HM activities.
- Perform customer compliance assessments and report on findings.
- Compile the data necessary to accomplish EPCRA reporting and provide EPCRA data reports.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- High School Diploma and relevant certification for work to be performed + 16 years’ experience, or AAS Degree + 14 years’ experience, or BS Degree + 6 years’ experience
- HAZWOPER 24/40-Hr Certificate & 8-Hr Annual Refreshers (current) (if required); DOT HazMat Employee; RCRA Hazardous Waste Training; Initial RCRA Waste Generator/Handler and annual refresher
- Two years of experience in HW operations including packaging, labeling, profiling, storing, transporting and manifesting;
- Be able to obtain AF Flight line license and/or line badge (if required);
- Pass a Government background check, to obtain a government issued Common Access Card (CAC); and
- Possess a valid U.S. State-issued driver’s License; be capable of obtaining a valid commercial driver’s license with the “H” endorsement should the requirement become necessary.
Expected Duration of Employment – Base Year (June 15, 2019 – June 14, 2020). Four Option years through June 14, 2024, may be exercised by the client.
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.