Proposal Coordinator – Birmingham, AL
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. (www.bhate.com) is seeking to fill a position for a Proposal Coordinator. The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Proposal Manager. Job duties will include supporting Bhate’s proposal team in the preparation and production of proposals for Federal, Municipal and Commercial clients.
Routine assignments include:
- Capturing and tracking proposal opportunities in a proposal support database for future reference and management decisions.
- Assisting with reviewing requests for proposal and technical work scopes to determine proposal concept and proposal resource needs.
- Attending meetings and taking minutes.
- Working with project managers to assist with technical proposal preparation, subcontractor identification and coordination, and cost estimations.
- Establishing proposal input timelines; and assistance with proposal development, including graphic design and formatting.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Journalism, or similar field preferred.
- Flexibility in working hours is a must (occasionally, late nights, weekends, and travel are required).
- Proposal / technical writing, or similar experience required.
- Proposal experience in Government contracts is desired.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), organizational skills, and schedule management are essential.
- Strong written and verbal skills are required; candidate must be deadline oriented.
- Significant experience in the Microsoft Office and Adobe suites of software programs is required.
- Experience creating and editing graphics is strongly desired.
- Experience with SharePoint® is desired.
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.