Construction Project Superintendent – Birmingham, AL
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bhate is seeking to fill a position for a Construction Project Superintendent. The successful candidate will be responsible for all technical and site execution issues of the project as well as general on-site craft supervision, site project quality, site safety, subcontractor coordination and quality control. Work as a liaison with owners’ representatives, design team and home office project management. The Site Superintendent is also responsible for all site quality and safety reporting and procedures; task execution within the project scope, schedule and budget; and conformance to the project design and specifications.
*This role requires travel for extended periods of time while on project*
- Ability to determine, coordinate and manage site resource usage including self-performing craft and subcontractor craft
- Planning and Coordination of all day to day activities
- Maintain and Control Site Documentation and Reporting
- Provide constructability assessment and input to the design team
- Work with the Project Manager for execution and control of progress, scope, budget, potential change conditions and overall project quality
- Provide and control all material and equipment deliveries and acceptance
- Ensure strict adherence to Company timekeeping and recordkeeping policies
- Strong ability to foresee critical interface issues and provide workaround plans
- Knowledge and experience in Corps of Engineers the Three Phase Inspection Procedures
- Proven experience in site staff hiring and management and adherence to company policies and procedures
- *This role requires travel for extended periods of time while on project*
To be successful in this role, you will need solid site Civil, Structural, and Architectural background skills and abilities, as well as at least 5 years of experience in a superintendent capacity with a mid-sized General Contractor. Strong military construction background and/or security clearances are a plus. This position will be the on-site point of contact for all sub-contractors, responsible for ensuring safety, quality, scheduling, and budgets.
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.