Fuels Project Manager – Birmingham, AL
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bhate Environmental Associates, Inc. is seeking a Fuels Project Manager to lead firm fixed price Fuels projects, mainly related to Federal bulk fuel storage and Petroleum, Oils, and Lubricants (POL) facilities and systems. In addition to preparing high-quality, cost-competitive proposals for new work, the Project Manager manages all aspects of the project scope (including design, if applicable), schedule, and budget to ensure Bhate’s commitments and financial goals are met.
The Project Manager collaborates and engages with various stakeholders, including the Client, the Bhate project team, designers, and subcontractors. The Project Manager trains and mentors project staff in all aspects of proposal preparation and project execution.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in engineering or related field
- 8-10 years’ experience in managing Firm Fixed Price Fuels projects for DOD, preferably Air Force
- API 653 and or API 570 certification a plus
- Experience with clean, inspect & repair field erected steel tank projects
- Experience with Various Repairs to POL Facilities/Design and Repairs to Various Fuels facilities
- Experience with Military fuel hydrant systems
- Experience with pump, pipes & fuel distribution systems
- Experience preparing successful proposals for Firm Fixed Price Fuels projects, including costing and profitability planning
- Experience with managing Design-Build fuels projects, including managing designers and the design development process
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects or issues simultaneously
- Team leadership and management skills with attention to safety, quality, schedule, budget, and mentoring and developing project staff talent
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams with projects of moderate size, scope and complexity – on time and within budget
- Promotes relationships between project team members and client representatives
- Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to listen to internal team as well as clients to learn and understand their needs
- Able to successfully engage with and lead a geographically dispersed team
- Creates a positive work environment based on team connections and open communication
- Creates personal, high-quality connections with clients and project team
- Can react effectively to changing conditions, and collaborates as needed
- Professional registration in area of discipline, preferred (e.g., PE, PG, PMP)
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 preferred
- Able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport and travel internationally
- Able to access DOD installations, based on background check and installation-specific requirements
- Have or be able to obtain OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training, CPR and Adult First Aid
- Willing to work in the Birmingham, Alabama office
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.
Bhate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.